Thursday, August 28, 2008

On Chandra and Being Single

This post is dedicated to 'My Friend Chandra'!

Well to quote him "I am wondering what is happening to male members in the Indian society? Suddenly there are voices stemming in support of men. May be the Indian version of “Save the Males” is going on? "

:) Chandra is valliantly single and feels the need to reiterate his singlehood to get through to all 'un-single'people.... he feels threatened and his non marital status questioned, when he is surrounded by his fav mylai mamis!!! Many a times, I am lost in mirth at his urgent explanations, there are times when I join the mamis in chorus on the merits marriage and then there are times when I quietly accept his take on bachelorhood!

Recently, one of his posts on trials of bachelordom was published in Times of India, since then he has assumed an air of righteousness of cause for bachelordom.

I however, look at it as the drowning indignant voice of bachelordoom!!!

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in promoting marriage as a successful institution. I have no disagreements against the cause for greater bachelorhood)

No comments: