Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pain

Melodramatically titled post?
Not sure- I've been thinking about pain andI keep seeing my sister's face.

I remember when she first mentioned, the abdominal cramp and pain - immediately after eating. That day after breakfast - she had to lie down trying to cope with the pain...

I was badgering her to go to a GP to check out the problem - she said she would. I think she delayed going to the doctor for more than a month.

I remember - how she lookedon 13 Jan - trying to reach out to each of us who visited her. her right hand extending - gaze clouded by drugs and filled with pain and fear!

She was afraid and in pain and I could only mumble silly things like - don't worry chechi, it'll get better, we'll go home soon...

We took her home on 15 Jan - somehow that was not a journey I imagined... pain on everyones faces - my brother-in-law, my nieces, my parents.

I saw her in my dream yesterday - pain etched face, trying to touch me.

No comments: