Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Accused of writing frivolously!

I stand accused of writing inconsequential, frivolous stuff. And the person who has dared to raise the accusation is Sujit (my husband)!

Now make note, he doesn't mean that my writing is boring, he just thinks its frivolous! He also thinks that I am scared of writing on serious topics. Me... scared?

I wonder if I should pay much attention to his observation? Coz eating into me is the fact that he is a trained/ practicing psychologist! Does it give him an inside edge on my psyche? Hmmm...

Keeping in mind the above comment... I have decided to write on the serious issue of law and order and the amazing deductive capacity of our police force. I will also write on 'Dindivanam Slippers.'

To start off - Please make note of the disclaimer: the following bit is entirely hearsay. Any truth in the below statement is incidental and the fabrications are strictly writer's liscence. And no... noone is allowed to sue me!

It so happened that the visitors to the flat were about to leave, when they noticed that their moped was missing! I suppose they never thought someone would want to steal it, afterall, it was a relic from 1980s, almost falling to pieces. That someone would want to steal it is an insult to the vehicle!

My god... why am I writing like this???? Sujit... sorry... this story cannot be told this way! No masala to it...

Ok guys.... a bike got stolen- no... not a bike, moped! A moped got stolen from a 150apartment complex.

Deduction 1 - watchman on duty thinks that somebody actually dismantled the whole thing and threw it over the compound wall, so that they could reassemble the machine in peace piece by piece! (Hmmm... says a lot about the watchman... doesn't it?)

Deduction 2 - The Sub-Inspector has deducted that someone from Dindivanam stole the 1980 relic. This is truly an amazing piece of deduction! This deduction came about based on one slipper recovered from the place of crime! The one slipper, my fellow reader, is the "Dindivanam Slipper". The SI said "Sir this slipper is made in Dindivanam. Only people from Dindivanam wear it. So whoever stole the moped came from Dindivanam!" So the SI has promised to follow-up on this amazing lead and solve the "Case of the missing moped and the single Dindivanam Slipper"!

I think I should go back to reading my Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys! Clue... clue... where is it???

No comments: