Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The price of one's soul!

Do you guys remember 24th Pullikesi's whose soul is not worth any precious coins! Well this post is all about price of ones Soul!

Keeping in mind that I only write about serious issues - I have decided to tackle the topic of materialism and mercenaries!

Materialism is desire for Maya! I am grateful to all of you for asking "Who is Maya?"

"In most of Hinduism, Buddhism, & Transcendentalism, all matter is believed to be an illusion - Maya. Maya is the limited, purely physical and mental reality in which our everyday consciousness has become entangled." Text adapted from Wikipedia.

And mercenaries are people who sell their souls for Maya!

I have several mercenaries who run after the unattainable Maya! I also suspect it is a case of the forbidden fruit tasting the best! In which case a person can also pawn/sell his/her soul to get the fruit!

And I spy a green christine sitting cross - eyed across the cabin. She doesn't care much for Maya and she won't let anyone else enjoy it! A case of extremely sour grapes!

No comments: